One of our long-established London painters advises that choosing the right decorator to paint your home can mean the difference between a really great job and, well….he doesn’t like to consider the other extreme! Just about every village, town and city has probably got at least one of these in-demand professionals, meaning that the emphasis has to be on finding the best one for you.
A really good place to start would be right here on Mr-Skill, and that’s because we screen our members carefully before agreeing to sign them up. This means you can find your painter-and-decorating professional with confidence, and the good news is that you could save up to 25% on normal rates right now!
What to Look For
- Ask around. Speak to family and friends and see if they have any worthwhile recommendations.
- Check them out – Have a careful look at some of their recent work, and ask yourself if the quality really comes up to your standards.
- Are they insured? Decorating can be hazardous, so you need to know that your painter has professional insurance. Imagine a serious paint spill on your new lounge carpet – who’s going to pay?
- Employee or freelancer? Many of the larger contracting houses delegate their work to freelancers. You need to be satisfied that the person recommended has the required skills. Check the small print to see precisely who is accountable, especially if things go wrong.
- Quality costs – Don’t automatically grab the cheapest option. Look carefully at what the painting-and-decorating quote includes, and for that matter just what it excludes too!
- Before you decide – Check at your local paint and hardware store, mentioning the name of the contractor you are thinking of hiring. If there is any hesitation, investigate further!
Re-decorating your home can be a stressful exercise, even using the best skills available. Choose carefully, particularly if you are using a decorator for the first time. First prize is to have your home looking sparkling fresh and clean at the end of the day. The booby prize means having someone else in to fix up the mess! Using Mr-Skill to find a painter-and-decorator is a safe and wise choice for sure!