Outdoor garden furniture bears the brunt of weather when left outdoors throughout the year, and if neglected soon loses its showroom gloss. This is especially true in larger cities where airborne pollution can be quite severe. In fact I know of several London Cleaning Services who make a living out of dealing with the consequences.
It is not always necessary to request a Cleaner Quote on Mr-Skill though. Regular attention along the lines below can help avoid unnecessary expense, assuming you have the time available and the will to do it.
• Wash wooden furniture that has been coated with exterior grade varnish with soapy water and then rinse it clean. If possible store it in a dry place for winter or at least wipe away accumulations of rainwater regularly. Once a year apply a proprietary cleaner followed by a protective coat.
• Machine-wash fabrics from cloth chairs and hammocks using a gentle wash cycle. Stretch the cloth back into position before completely dry, to avoid it shrinking.
• Clean aluminium, wrought iron and mild steel frames with soap and rinse. Coat metal furniture with a protective coating, or else it will definitely rust.
• Remove acrylic seat-covers and wipe them clean, using a bleach solution to remove any mildew. Let the mixture stand for 30 minutes before wiping clean again.
• Clean wicker furniture using water under pressure from a hose or pump, using soap if necessary. When dry, the application of a paste wax will restore the shine.
A lot of work perhaps for something we may not use every day, and that stands idle in the winter. Why not get a Cleaner Quote from Mr-Skill instead? Then you can put your clean outdoor furniture away for winter, and have it ready to use again in the spring. Now that makes sense.