Colour comes free, as my dad who used to work for London Painters until he retired a few years ago loves to say. Or almost free that is, unless you decide to have it specially tinted. This means that the cost of a boring or an exuberant colour scheme is approximately the same, provided that is you use your imagination.
• The basis of any decorating scheme lies in the juxtaposition of the colours. Choose Tonal when you play with shades of the same colours, or perhaps the same intensity of different ones. Harmonious effects are created by choosing adjacent tints. Complementary colour schemes do exactly that by using opposites.
• The next step is to create a mood. Warm, advancing colours welcome people on cooler days, while cooler, watery colours relax one at any time. Remember that lighting can add dramatic or unexpected effects at different times of day, and in different seasons.
• Inspiration is often found in nature as if it is the work of genius, because the colour combinations often work so well. Try looking at the interior shades of seashells and autumn leaves. Chances are you will be amazed at what you find.
• Homes should be calm relaxing places, and after you Find a Decorator you do need to discuss a strategy for linking rooms, so that the contrasts do not jar. Think about using Tonal or Harmonious effects to achieve the best results. Door colours require great thought too, which is perhaps so many doors are white these days.
• Before getting started after deciding among your Painting Quotes, please do put up a few test panels first. Any painter you find on Mr-Skill will advise how best to deal with underlying existing colours when you do.
That’s all there really is to a Best Colour Scheme. A little thought, a few test panels and you are almost on your way. If you find the thought of doing the job yourself off-putting though, then why not Find a Painter on Mr-Skill instead?