It’s annoying, isn’t it, how you find stains on the lounge carpet the day after you have good friends around for a party. Let’s give them the benefit of the doubt and get on with sorting out the mess. If they’re badly soiled, you’d best Get a Cleaning Quote on Mr-Skill. If not, the following hints should prove helpful.
- Chewing Gum Freeze the gum with a few blocks of ice in a plastic bag. After it’s gone hard, pick it off with a knife.
- All Stains (Step 1) Get rid of the source of the problem by mopping up any remaining liquid. DO NOT WORSEN THINGS BY RUBBING.
- Grass / Cool Drink Stains Dab the area with a cloth moistened with diluted detergent.
- Oil and Grease Stains Dab with a cloth soaked in a non-flammable dry cleaning agent. TEST AN INCONSPICUOUS AREA FIRST.
- Coffee Stains Sponge with a solution of borax. Some London Cleaners believe that more resistant stains may respond to beaten egg-yolk.
- Lipstick Stains Treat with methylated spirits or salad oil. Afterwards, soak the stain in lemon juice, which must be diluted 50:50 with water unless the carpet is pure white.
We provide this information in good faith as it was passed on to us.
If in any doubt, we’d far prefer you to Find a Cleaner on our Website instead, because we are unable to guarantee it. Either way, it’ll be nice to have the lounge carpet back in good condition again thanks to Mr-Skill.