In our busy sometimes hectic life we get used to things too easily. Like the petrol gauge dropping lower and the cookie jar getting empty. Too soon we find that the lawn has become unkempt, and that the windows need cleaning too.
Pretty much the same applies to plumbing fittings in the bathroom (and in the kitchen too). Scale, which is a limestone deposit in the water builds up over time and can conceivably end up blocking pipers. It also builds up in our kettles and could cause a boiler element to overheat.
But that is not all. As scale builds up it covers the body residues we leave behind in baths and showers, and could cause a lung infection when it chips away and we inhale the myobacterium avium dust it hides. Do not panic, and do not use antibacterial sprays that kill the good bacteria that are our friends. Solve the problem in a natural way instead – that way you are unlikely to need Bathroom Fitter Quotes either.
o Fill an old pan with water and half a cup of vinegar and bring it to the boil. Do not inhale the fumes.
o Soak the shower rose and tap heads in the liquid for twenty minutes
o Rinse the fittings under cold running water and replace them. Repeat the process if the scale is deep, and diarise to do the job every three months.
Unless your hands are stiff and sore you should be able to do this job yourself. If not, then Mr-Skill would be delighted to Find a Bath Fitter to help do this for you. Then you could enjoy your shower in perfect safety.