Good paint brushes are worth the price, although they nevertheless cost a surprising amount of money these days. If you choose not to Find a Painter to do the work for you on Mr-Skill, then you can extend the life of your paintbrushes – and experience the pleasures of working with a well run-in brush, by following these simple tips:
- London Painters know the trick of moistening the brush right through with the cleaning medium that they plan to use later, which could be water, turpentine or a specialized liquid. This prevents the brush fibres from absorbing the paint, saving you money, and making cleaning a pleasure later too.
- Don’t dip the brush so deeply in the paint that the heart fills with paint too. This space is there to provide flexibility in the head, not to act as a reservoir for generating paint spills.
- Work the brush back and forth against the job. This not only provides a better finish, it also helps the brush maintain its shape.
- After you have thoroughly cleaned the used paintbrush using the appropriate cleaning medium, squirt a dollop of dishwashing fluid into the heart of the brush and work it through to the outside with your fingers. Rinse clean under running water making sure it comes clear on the inside too, and then lightly flick the brush dry somewhere where you can stand a little mess.
- Finally, reshape the damp paintbrush with your fingers, and leave it somewhere suitable to dry. That way, it will be perfectly ready for you when you need it next.
If this sounds like too much work for you, then you could always Get Painting Quotes on Mr-Skill instead. You’ll be surprised at the quality of their work, and the amount of money that you could save when you use our painters, compared to general market rates.